The Church of St. Peter, under the guidance of our first resident priest, Fr. Peter Joseph Lang and trustees, John Luger and Patrick Murphy, realizing the excessive cost of funerals from North St. Paul to Calvary Cemetery in St. Paul, began looking around for a suitable location for a parish burial ground. After a two year search, they secured the present site near Silver Lake in 1909.
Archbishop John Ireland's approval was secured and it was named St. Mary's Cemetery. This achievement brought about great financial savings to the parishioners and provided a truly beautiful and peaceful resting place for our beloved dead.
The cemetery was officially plotted in 1909. The cemetery consists of two parts—the “old” section is located on Helen Street in North St. Paul and the “new” section (about 20 acres) is located just down the street at Helen and Lydia.
St. Mary's Cemetery is a ministry that is managed by the Church of St. Peter.
For information on St. Mary’s Cemetery lot sales, please contact Jeff Peterson at 612-804-0622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.